The Sister Who Can't Be Trusted
This is my sister, the head that's under mine. She looks sweet enough, someone you'd wanna sip tea with, maybe play badmitton with. DON'T LET HER DECEIVE YOU. SHE WILL TAKE ALL THAT IS HOLY AND IMPORTANT TO YOU AND WIPE IT AWAY! Take this weekend for example. Ahhhh, we had fun, like frolicking-in-the-daisies, click-your-heels kind of fun. Saturday was spent playing croquet and grilling steaks (courtesy of my dad, aka "Big D," "Deet," "Daddy," etc.). My mother actually engaged in a game of badmitton. My mom engages in competitive sports about as often as W makes an eloquent speech. So it was just a fascinating moment for all of us. Entertaining, to boot. Equally as entertaining was my mother playing Catch Phrase, jerking back the thingy with the words on it so she could see it though her granny glasses and spitting out a panicked "OKAY!" before engaging her team.Fortunately, the beauty of the weekend was captured on the camera I have struggled so hard to get, the camera I vowed to never leave home, the camera I kiss every single morning.
Sunday afternoon at the family's favorite eatery (yes, I said "eatery"), I let them pry the precious camera from my clutched fist. How could I keep the digital goodness all to myself? This particular round of pictures was too rich not to share. So share, I did.
And regret, I did. For my sister discovered the "Erase" menu, (said she didn't know...hmph) and deleted all those precious snapshots of my wonderful life.
Dramatic? Maybe. I'm just sayin', if you see my sister, hide your belongings - especially your camera. You won't have a thing to blog about.


2 Comments:
I used to lick that camera from one end to the other. Every morning. Now you kiss it. Hmmm.
You guys are both being pretty gross right now, I gotta say. :-)
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home