Flip Flops and Lava Lamps
My new job is sweet. Right now I'm sitting on an exercise ball watching the lava in my lava lamp warm up. It looks like sort of a brain that has just been broken at the stem. Lava lamps are weird. Anyway, I have all my lunchboxes lined up on top of my desk. I'm wearing a skirt, tank top and flip flops - and I'm not the most casual one at the office. I arrived to work first - at 8:30. Always the hard worker!
Oh, and I interviewed a potential boss yesterday afternoon:
"Do you have any supervisory experience?"
"How would you delegate responsibility if we had a pending project?"
"How would you describe your personality at work?"
"How would you handle me if I needed to learn a new software program? Would you be patient?"
Then she asked me some questions and I had to reveal it was my second day at work. Suddenly I wasn't so cool anymore. But hey, I conducted my first ever interview, so that's something.
Yesterday someone brought cupcakes to work. The day before, there was some kind of cake and then everyone ordered pizza for lunch. And the refrigerator's always stocked with Coke, Diet Coke, Dr. Pepper, bottled water, etc.
I've taken some pictures of my office, which I'm sharing with one other person, but I left my camera at home so I'll post 'em later.
The best part is that once I get the hang of things I'm going to be able to work from home sometimes.
Gotta go think some brilliant thoughts now.
But first I gotta give props to God for following through on yet another promise. It's only because of Him that I am where I am today - free of heartache, free of financial worry, surrounded by friends and with an exciting job.
But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint. Isaiah 40:31


1 Comments:
Your office sounds pretty chill! I'm so happy for you. Rock the market!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home