The Shins: Changing Lives
"They'll change your life, I swear." Natalie Portman's character on the movie "Garden State," concerning the band The Shins, who I saw with Nadege Friday night. No big deal. But contrary to Natalie's belief, I must say they didn't end up changing my life unless you think change means jogging happy down the streets or jumping around at a concert.
See how happy we are? Note to...anyone who is concerned about my questionable hand gesture: I do not worship Satan, nor do I promote the worship of Satan. The goat head has become a staple hand position in Austin, home of the Longhorns. I fall to it naturally. Oh man, I've got to get out of this evil city.I digress. As usual.
The following picture needs no introduction, but I'll give it one anyhow. It is of the stage.

I couldn't see very well because, well, I'm not that tall, but when I finally saw the lead singer of The Shins, I was surprised. I don't know why so many people assume that a good musician is going to look like someone out of a boy band, but we do, so I did, and he doesn't.

It was a good show. Realll good show.


10 Comments:
My quality of life before reading this post about the Shins: 85.6%
My quality of life after reading this post about the Shins: 87.2%
Holy smokes! It's true!
Thad, that's a whole 1.6%. Man, that IS an improvement.
Hada, you're Longhorns symbol isn't fooling anybody. We know you really mean the Satan symbol. Or the no thumb love symbol. Or the wrong finger peace sign. Or the too-many-finger "we're number one" symbol. Or the "we're number two" symbol.
Agh, Sara. Your Longhorns symbol. YOUR Longhorns symbol. Please tell me you committed that apostrophe catastrophe on purpose.
Ha ha! I like all your interpretations, Sera.
Thad, give me a break, it was late. Actually, I wanted to give you something to drive YOUR crazy for a change.
It was latter than 8:52 pm becuse was in clas at that tiem. Hada, you're clock is wrong.
oops. I forgot to proofread again!
And here I thought Jada was making the fearsome "two-toed San Marcos bobcat" sign. It's like they're mascot or something.
I was yoking, you know.
Uh, could y'all stop bickering on my blog? Gah.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home