Sunday, October 01, 2006

Not a Naked Statue!


So I'm sitting in a meeting with several bosses and co-workers and a marketing team we hired to create ads and promotional material for us. They were showing us a slideshow, pitching slogans, photos, ideas for text, etc., when they came to this one campaign idea which I probably shouldn't talk about for business reasons. But up pops this slide of a naked man covered by a single leaf. And then they move on to other slides. At the end, they asked for feedback. When it was my turn to talk, I said, "I liked everything but the naked guy." I mean, really, you think the average American consumer is going to be A OK with a nudie photograph in an ad? Hmph.

I was reviewing the slides on my PC, when I saw the slide in clarity: It was a statue. With no arms. A marble statue.

I can just imagine them all after the meeting: "She must be Amish."

After a few days, I explained what happened to a couple of coworkers. They had a good chuckle. And now, anytime the marketing company shows us something slightly risque, someone I work with shoots a smirky little glance at me, whereafter we snicker a little bit. When, oh when am I going to live this down?

I dunno, but it's pretty priceless.

Anything embarrassing happen to any of you guys lately?

1 Comments:

At 9:57 AM , Blogger Tim Stewart said...

I wish I had something to share, but I just don't make mistakes.

Cheers,
Time

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home