Thursday, September 14, 2006

Seeking Fans

Looks like Sara and I aren't the famous bloggers we once thought we were.

When I started my blog, I was checking out my site meter, which tells the location of people who view your page. I had several hits from someone using a state of Texas server. Legislative council, I think it was. So I thought someone who worked in the capitol was religiously reading my blog - perhaps to the point of obsession. It was kind of exciting, kind of unnerving, that "being stalked" feeling. And kind of a let-down when I realized it was me.

But no worries, because Sara had picked up a stalker of her own who, by association, was stalking me. Someone had made a couple of creepy comments about Sara's feet and how beautiful they were. The same person, I'm assuming, asked me to photograph my feet (which I did not because my feet are GROSS and DISPROPORTIONATE). Sara and I were discussing our blog visitors. "I have this person from Iowa who always reads my blog. I think it's the foot fetish guy," she'd say. "Oh, he reads mine too! All the time, and he stays on there forever," I'd reply. I mean, this guy would hop from Sara's site to mine and back to hers...did he not have a life?

Then I got this e-mail the other day from Sara: "Guess who 'North Liberty, Iowa' is? Me. and Tim. And whoever looks at your site from [said place of employment]. Our computers are routed through Iowa I'm the foot fetish stalker...I'm going to go look at my feet now."

I feel lonely now. I wish someone would stalk me.

15 Comments:

At 10:18 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, the weirdness of people who know how to find out where people are who are looking at their blogs. Then, the weirderness to find out it's yourself looking at your own blog.

 
At 11:54 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

jada, you're awfully pretty. i will stalk you.

 
At 12:44 PM , Blogger Jada said...

Mama,is that you?

 
At 1:26 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please to show the feet now! Please now!

 
At 1:30 PM , Blogger Tim Stewart said...

I like how you basically set yourself up for all these anonymous faux-creepy comments to get posted today . . . :-)

 
At 1:40 PM , Blogger Jada said...

Me too. I feel special.

 
At 2:03 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would like to see your feet... I want a picture...

Now! huh? huh? ;P

 
At 3:08 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha! Ha! I was the one who wrote the anonymous comment asking you to take pictures of your feet. I forgot to tell you. It was a joke. Ha!

 
At 4:27 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rather than "stalking", I prefer to think of it as "waiting for you to come around".

 
At 5:51 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rather than "stalking" or "waiting for you to come around", I prefer to think of it as "My very being is waiting on you with open arms", but you know this? Don't be a "scarry cat"

 
At 1:47 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

[said place of employment], nice. Hey, I just thought I'd let you know I stopped by your blog. I read a few of your blogs and I have to say you're very imaginative, to say the least. I happen to be sitting right next to a display of about 14 lunch boxes, 1 thermos, and a book on lunchbox collecting. Well actually, it is exactly 14 boxes, 1 thermos, and 1 book, there's no "of about" to it because I sat here and counted them before I typed the numbers. The lunch boxes are 1)Betty Page 2)Buffy, vampire slayer 3)Spiderman 4)Munsters 5)Hanna Barbera 6)Empire Strikes Back(Star Wars) 7)Sailor Moon 8)Super Friends(about the size of a credit card with a depth of about 3/4 of an inch) 9)WWF 10)Powerpuff girls 11)Bat man 12)Hulk 13)New Kids On the Block 14)Some Hindu looking one. The thermos is GI Joe. You're probably saying, "He has a display case in his house with lunch boxes sitting next to his computer?" Well no, I'm actually at the Jonestown library using their computer. I don't have internet access at home so I come down here when I have to get on the net. They have a display case that has ever changing collections loaned by private collectors in the area. In the past they've had collections of weaved baskets, indian points, and bird houses to name a few. Well actually, those are the only ones named because those are the only ones I remember and I think I'm making one up. Well, I guess that's it for now. I shall be back.

 
At 2:41 PM , Blogger Tim Stewart said...

Wow, Jay, the Jonestown library has a pretty nice setup with those revolving collections. I'm impressed.

Hmmm . . . I wonder if those Jonestown collectors need some way to catalog their collections, say for insurance purposes or so they can share their inventory with other collectors . . . ? :-)

 
At 11:20 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

The first anonymous was your dear M.

 
At 8:39 PM , Blogger annulla said...

Hmmm. I'm not a stalker, not a member of the Texas Legislature, nor do I have a foot fetish. Are those the requirements for commenting in your blog?

 
At 11:20 AM , Blogger Tim Stewart said...

Pretty much, Annulla. In a few short phrases, you've encapsulated the essentials. :-)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home