Rapping to a Homosexual
Well, I definitely was dealt a confusing hand today.
Sitting at a red light, I noticed a ruckus coming from the car in front of me. There were three black dudes in a pimped-out ride. The one in the back was shaking his finger, yelling at the person in the truck next to him. He was all kinds of animated. He looked enraged enough to bust out of the car and start a fight.
I took a closer look at the truck. There was a rainbow sticker and then another one about not being straight or something...I couldn't really read that one. Hmm. Maybe this rapper guy was upset about this person's sexuality. I couldn't be sure.
So I turned my music down to try and eavesdrop. But all it was, see, was that the guys were blaring some rap music. The backseat guy was just yellin' the lyrics, evidently so into it that for that moment he BECAME the angry young rapper. Poor person in the truck! They must be so uncomfortable having rap music directed at them. ...Honestly, I was a little angry with the rap guy for being so rude to the other driver.
When the light turned green, I sped up to see who was in the truck. And then I felt even worse for her, because it was this tiny, ancient old lady who could barely see over the steering wheel - we're talking, like, 80 years old or older.
Oooh, if I caught up to those rappers, I was going to give them one very dirty look. You just don't mess with old folks.
As my mind arranged the facts, my anger and pity turned into bewilderment. Forgetting the bullies, I mused that this old, old lady had gay bumper stickers on her truck.
Think about it. It's weird.


1 Comments:
Maybe for the old lady gay still means "happy" and she's a jolly old soul.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home