Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Call Me a Politician, But I Like Rainbow Best.

Why do we all get asked "What's your favorite color?" What a stupid question. Maybe it's because I'm so uncomfortable with the concept of deeming perfectly fine colors inadequate to my fluctuating preferences. Really, I feel sorry for the other colors that I don't like on any given day.

When I was little, I said my favorite color was red. Deep down, I don't think I meant it, because I instead of getting cherry or cinnamon snow cones, I always chose rainbow. But now I've come to terms with the fact that I care for the feelings of all colors, and now it's to the point where I'm too paralyzed to pick. I guess I have this irrational sympathy for all colors.

If I liked, say, green or blue, I would be labeled peaceful or loyal. Red-likers are rather fiery and passionate, aren't they? Crazies, to be precise. So I can't keep saying that's my favorite or people will back away.

So I still pick rainbow, because, colors, I love all of you, and I don't want to be boxed in by my affection for any one color. Call it fear of commitment, but I don't want to hurt any of your feelings. Please accept my noncommital answer of rainbow, and deal with this prismic polygamist that I am. Viva la rainbow. And down with the facists who think I should have to choose.


2 Comments:

At 4:36 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

We are so grateful that somebody around the world is taking care about our feelings!!

If we, all the colors, stay together we'll fight a good battle.
No more privileges or rights for a few colors!!

United Colors

Huh? Huh?

 
At 8:26 PM , Blogger Tim Stewart said...

United Colors of Benetton? I used to see those stores everywhere in Rome. Very popular over there.

Jada, I've long been a fan of navy blue, but seriously I am starting to appreciate the color rainbow! All we need is to get Crayola on board with making a "one crayon colors all" rainbow-colored crayon. Petition? Letter drive? Demonstration? Hunger strike What's the next step?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home