Don't Hate Me Because I'm Popular
Last night was nightmare-free, all sweet dreams, as I remember. Well that's one way to keep my prayer life alive! Thanks for the support, guys. It's nice to sleep peacefully after a prayer.
For now, I am holed up inside my apartment. Today was just one of those days where I wanted to stay inside and write (although I didn't), maybe because it rained all day, or maybe I'm not handling all this popularity so well. (Sigh. Dramatic sigh.)
Honest. The thought crossed my mind this morning to post a myspace bulletin explaining to all my friends that I love them, but I need to crawl in a hole for a few days. But I didn't. I still might, though.
My sister Britney and I used to take our chewing gum out of our mouths and moosh it together. We'd start in the middle of the long hallway in our old house. She'd hold one end and I'd hold the other and we'd see how far apart we could get and keep the chewing gum in one piece. 'Twas an adventerous life.
Anyway, I feel like that gum! Only, I feel like there are maybe 10 or 15 people holding onto it, stretching me in every direction. And I wonder how long it's going to be before part of me just breaks off. I don't know what color of gum I am or what kind or anything. I think maybe Dubble Bubble or something.
Ah, the life of a popular girl. It's a hard-knock life. Just, just, come closer. I'll give you a glimpse.
Wednesday friends over to watch"lost" and some other tv show; Thursday going home to do more work and then watch movies and eat dinner with a friend, go by a coffee shop, friday, go to the grocery store, have a friend over, go hiking at 10 p.m., saturday, buy plants, go grocery shopping again, play a soccer game (lost), eat chinese food with a group of people, meet other people at a party, meet other people at another party, visit another friend, sunday, go to church, eat out play mojo kickball, paint plant pots. I was, needless to say, exhausted.
It was funny cuz the sermon at church was, in part, about choosing your time wisely, knowing when to say "no," not spreading yourself so thin that you have weak connections to community. My friends had planned to go eat after church and then play some mojo kickball. I, of course, had to do something else before joining them for kickball. Again, I was squeezing them into my busy schedule. So I said, "Old people. You watch tv today. I'm going to play with my friends." I know, I'm a darling.
Did I squeeze it all in? Nope. I missed a party Saturday and a boat ride Sunday and another party yesterday.
Yada, yada, yada, I'm weary of answering every call, returning every e-mail, saying yes to every invitation. So yeah, if I'm late getting back to you, if I don't go to your event, please don't take it personally. I'm a sociable gal. I'll be back in no time! Probably by this weekend, in fact. I mean, tomorrow is "Lost" night, afterall. Cassie and Nadege will be here. Um, and you can join us if you're a girl.



14 Comments:
I'm totally going to quit calling you. I didn't know that it was stressing you out so much.
I look fat in that picture.
Don't even try to pretend to me that you don't like the attention. I'm not buying it. You know you love it & just because you don't have the energy to do everything everyone asks you to do doesn't mean you don't like being asked. I say, if that's your worst problem, you have it pretty good, missy.
Are you, like, practicing for that reality show "Entourage"? Seriously, you have a lot of homies following after you in that picture.
I look like I'm about to give somebody a beat down. Why am I smiling with my fists clenched? "Me like to pound stuff up." Freaky.
It's not that I don't appreciate/enjoy/need the attention. I'm just tired right now. Because my brain is getting too much social exercise.
Sara, stop saying you're fat. Sara, don't stop calling me.
Tim, whatever makes you happy.
I didn't say that I'm fat. I said that LOOK fat.
I'll still call you. I still LOVE you!
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Oh yes, I am her friend. I'm her best friend & she knows who I am. It was sort of an inside joke. Sorry if it sounded mean. I was just kidding.
Well now that we've got that sorted out . . . :-)
Tim you are really sweet to take up for me... but I think you're fighting my mom. Hee hee.
Well color me extra sheepish now. I'm sorry about the mixup, Mrs. Brazell. Out here on the Internet, a body can't be too careful. I suppose I turned a bit Quick Draw McGraw there for a minute.
Sincerely,
Tim
I like that Tim used "like" in the valley girl way.
As in "That's, like, so uncool!" and "I was like, 'no way!'"
He's so "proper English" sometimes, it's good to see him let his hair down, as the saying goes.
Usually, I don't believe that we are posting comments!
This place looks like a chat room... :) A family's chat room.
Oh how I hate that I just sounded like such a pompous primadonna. Sorry. My friends mean a whole lot to me.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home