Thursday, September 07, 2006

Because I Have No Self-Control

Like the day I said goodbye to my two best pretend friends Vegetable Beach and Sisserling Cubling, my mind numbly searches for a new focus to fill the void I knowingly and willfully created.

At 12:03 a.m. on this Thursday, September 7, 2006, I, Jada, permanently erased my cell phone game, Canal Control. Why? Simply because it was consuming my life, destroying relationships, and eroding my brain. My sole purpose in life became beating Jose's high score of 18,000, of which I never even neared (CURSES to Jose!). I stopped eating and drinking and brushing my hair. Turn away. I'm hideous. Turn away, oh cruel world.

I made the decision in haste last night after spending 10 minutes reading and 50 minutes playing the wretched game. I had to sacrifice either my love for the game or my sanity. I chose wisely. ...Here's to you, Canal Control. It's gonna be tough living without you.

I'm gonna miss you, you cute little water droplet with huge pupils.

Who's going to build the little canals for you to run through now? Oh, I must go. I can't stop crying.

3 Comments:

At 2:09 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't cry my friend... you'll pass it; I'm pretty sure. By the way, 18375 points; no one more, but no one less.

;)

 
At 11:41 PM , Blogger Tim Stewart said...

So wait, just when I was going to try to figure out how to download Canal Control so I can be cool like you guys, now I hear that Jose erased it on his phone accidentally and Jada erased it from her phone on purpose? I feel like the guy who shows up late to the party and all that's left to eat is rib bones and diet Hill Country Fare pineapple soda. Still, I have to salute you, Jadita, for taking (canal) control of your life again. I erased Age of Empires II: Age of Kings from my computer because I would play these medieval war scenarios for five hours an evening easy. Funny how easily we can fall into the matrix . . . I mean get absorbed in a game.

 
At 9:47 AM , Blogger Tim Stewart said...

Does droplet boy have a harelip, or is that an Italian 'stache?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home