Odessa Finale: The Wedding Party
This is Eric and Ali. Most people think they're brother and sister, but they're really husband and wife.We celebrated their shameful elope to Vegas on the last day of our trip. They were our whole raison d'etre. Right? Wait. I don't know. They were the reason we were there. Let's just say that.
The reception was at First Baptist in Odessa, so I think that's ginger ale and ice cream in the bowl. But I'm not sure.
There were four types of people at the party: teachers, old ladies, family members and friends. Everyone but the friends wore suits of some sort and enough hairspray to fill up a couple of underground swimming pools. Eric and Ali's (and my) friend Adam was even wearing a suit. We were talking about the guests and how we felt like we were sticking out, and Adam remarked that old ladies make him nervous because he just has no idea what to say to them. So when Nadege and I saw this next little scene, we had to capture the moment.
Oh how we laughed and laughed and laughed at the irony of the situation. Poor Adam thought we were laughing at him. He started having horrid flashbacks to high school.Eric: "We'll really like this grill, because...we like to grill."
Ali: "I love you, Captain Obvious."
(Eric actually said that about the grill. The rest is just colorful commentary by me.)Eric: Look, honey, we'll like this bar set, because...we're raging alcoholics.
Me: Hmm. Pickles... Where did I put my purse...oh yeah...yeah...gas is kinda cheap here...yeah...mmm hmm...what are they talking about? Why won't someone come take this stuff off my lap?Other lady: I just love my new flower wig.


7 Comments:
That flower wig is cutting edge fashion!
Did anyone ever tell you that you're kinda crazified? ...but also fun, funny and diverting.
ejem... kinda crazified... Did anybody say that I'm breaking English?
Huh? huh?
Big Bird says, "Making up new words is loco-licious!"
Hey, your two friends are so-o-o cute! It's like they were made for each other.
VIVA LOS NOVIOOOOOOOOS!!!
I know what that means because I've been studying Spanish.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home