Big Fun in Big O
Here's Midland. And Nadege. And a picture of a sign about our prez. What more can you ask for?
It sure was green there. Must have been from the rain. That's all I can figure. Anyway, our first destination was St. Cloud, aka Mike's house. As always, it was very cool and funky.
He gave us both gifts. This was the gift Nadege got. (This is not something most of you will understand. He's an artist.
But Nadege is also an artist, so she understood.)

You still don't get it, do you? Okay, well moving on.As people tend to do, we got the itch to drive around and see the Odessa scene. Our first stop? Espresso drinks at the coffeeshop designed, built and run by Mike himself. Ah man, it's fashionable. Fashionable enough for a photo shoot.


We couldn't believe we weren't famous.
And neither could Mike.

And even though none of us could believe it, and we all just sat there not believing it, we hopped on over to the bunny trail to see the world's tallest jackrabbit. Don't think we didn't climb on it, cuz we did. ...Why does my hair look gray? Is it gray and I just never see the top of my head? Spooky....so that's a tall jackrabbit, huh?

And then we drove to the house where I grew up so I could climb the tree. And that's just what I did. I got scratches all over my legs and arms, but it was worth it. I wanted to knock on the front door and go inside, but my dos compadres wouldn't allow it. Squares. My dad says he's surprised I didn't get shot. Frankly, I was too.
We also went to a Stonehenge replica, but this blog is getting picture heavy, so just picture me climbing between the stones that are being henged.As night fell, I began to experience hunger - a hunger that could only be satisfied by Rosa's tortillas and queso. I don't regret it! I don't regret a single minute of it!
And then Amanda's birthday party, hosted by, you guessed it, Mike.

Here's Mary and I. I was probably just as excited to see her as I was to see Amy Grant nine years ago. And THAT'S big. (Man, she makes me look tall.) To the right, we have Mike wearing a creepy bunny head, like the one in the movie "Donnie Darko."

Lastly, but not leastly, birthday girl Amanda, who is very beautiful but doesn't like being photographed. Perhaps because she looks like Charlotte Johansson.
The end. Stay tuned.


3 Comments:
O man, I love ur pictures. Did you take those with my old camera?? Dude, you look all hot grabin' your hair like that...
He, he, he! I like these kind of news. I love these pictures too!
Huh? huh? :op
I forgot to say: Nedege looks hot, too...all French and stuff. Tell her I said so. C'est une belle femme.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home