Jesus in Blue Suede Shoes
Last week I:
Played Parcheesi.

Got a new job. ...Okay, I was going to brush over this, like, no big deal, but I'm really excited about it. I'm starting next week. They call me a marketing specialist over there. The company is going to launch a new website next year, and I get to help promote it. Eeeee! I'm so excited! Hey! This gives "Labor Day" a new name. Get it? Cuz I got a job on Labor Day weekend? Get it?
Went to small group.
Met my mom (not for the first time) at my grandma's house in Kingsland, near Marble Falls, where my aunt and uncle live.
Learned interesting facts about Elvis from my family: for instance, did you know that Elvis and Jesus are similar, in that there has been only one like them on the earth? Yes, my grandma compared Elvis to Jesus. No, I do not think this is "normal." God bless 'er, though, she has a unique perspective. Like Jesus.That's her, in the middle. My aunt is on the left. That's my mama on the right.
Rode jetski and boat with Cassie. We rode the boat while Grandad and Neighbor worked on getting a good battery into the jetski. They never did. Charged up the bad one and instructed us not to turn the jetski off out on the water. Glad we didn't, because it never did start back up.
Last night I played soccer and got a blister on the very tip of my second toe. That's a first. Another first is our upcoming soccer game on Saturday. I can't wait!
And that was my week/weekend.


3 Comments:
Hmm, I wonder if it was a Russian who invented the Jetski. It would make a great deal of sense, linguistically speaking . . .
Good luck on your imminent first game!
Who did you play parchisi with?
With you!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home