Thursday, August 31, 2006

West Texas Weekend Part I

It was a dark and stormy evening. The clouds stood in rows, armed ominously with arsenals of water.And then it rained.
But we finally arrived in San Angelo, to the home of my great aunt, who loves her some pillows. My brave friend and neighbor Nadege, who took all of the fabulous photographs that will be featured in the Odessa trilogy, was joining me on the journey to Odessa. Our great American road trip. (See, the great thing about being a single girl is you get to bring your friends along on trips. You're not just confined to traveling with that one annoying person.)

Anyway, my aunt was having home church when we rolled in. Her friends were super nice and friendly. And they couldn't remember "Nadege," so they called her "Susie." But whatever, because my aunt fed us brisket that night and took us to her friend's house the next morning for bacon and eggs. They laugh a lot. Not the bacon and eggs, but the friends and my aunt. I would have posted a family picture, but I did not get permission from my aunt and uncle to post their pictures online. Not that I normally get such permission, but they're really nice and they don't get online much, so they might be freaked. Instead, here is a picture of some pillows.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home