Tuesday, August 22, 2006

When Front Row Tickets Go Awry

I'm mad at the movie theater industry, if that is, in fact, an actual industry. I mean, really, how much money would it cost to lengthen the theater and put those first few rows in the back? Honestly. I was forced to sit in the front row the other night, and let me just say, if I didn't have such a stellar sense of humor, I would've been grumpy about it. We paid 8 bucks for tickets. Nobody bothered telling us how crowded the theater was. No one said, "Hey, it's so crowded in there you may have to sit in the very, very front in seats that actually push your head forward. Your neck will be stiff in five minutes and you'll have to watch the entire movie like a tennis match." Nobody told us, but that's exactly what happened. It was ironic, too, because I had just gotten my neck professionally massaged by the same friend who watched that movie with me. She probably left just as tense as me. The movie was VERY funny, though. "Little Miss Sunshine." The moral of the story? People are greedy. I felt like Job.

Speaking of Job, I was perusing the Bible the other day, and it said this: "As you know, we consider blessed those who have persevered. You have heard of Job's perseverance and have seen what the Lord finally brought about. The Lord is full of compassion and mercy."

What? What did the Lord finally bring about? When I think of Job, I think of some serious misery - like, stuff even worse than having to sit in the front row. So I looked up the story of Job and flipped right to the end, and hey! It said God not only gave him back what he had lost, but doubled it. And it's because Job persevered? Hmm. So, basically, this whole front row torture treatment is going to get me some really good seats in the future at a movie that's even better than "Little Miss Sunshine."

Seriously, though, the things I've lost that I considered blessings are nothing in comparison to what I will receive if only I persevere. Sweet. My new favorite part of the story of Job.

In conclusion, randomly, I'd like to note that whoever said "That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger" never had a massive stroke.

3 Comments:

At 6:36 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

mmm... purusing? What does it mean? May you wanted say pursuing, isn't it?
By the way, I know how your neck felt when you were watching this movie.
About the movie prices, don't be so scare about that because here in the USA go to the movies still been so cheap. My cousin, which is living in Sweden, told me the other day that they have to pay 12 Euros ($15'36)for each ticket. What do you think about that, huh? huh? :(

 
At 7:51 AM , Blogger Jada said...

Thanks for the spell check. I meant "perusing," which means "looking for" or "looking through." I do not like the feeling I get when thinking about movie ticket prices in Sweden.

 
At 2:04 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

mmm... thanks. :(

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home