Friday, August 25, 2006

Home of the Friday Night Lights

I'm going to my hometown of Odessa, TX. (Isn't it pretty in the dark?) I haven't been there in two years, and I'm kinda giddy about it.

I shall identify my vacation goals:

1. Climb the tree in front of my childhood home

2. Walk around in a drainage ditch

3. Eat queso and tortillas at Rosa's

4. Give the world's biggest jackrabbit a hug

5. Eat at Taco Villa

6. Show my French neighbor The Music City Mall in all its carpeted glory

7. If anyone else who's ever been there can think of anything else I should do, leave me a comment.

Yep, Nadege is coming with me. Nope, she's not going to be able to understand a word anyone is saying. She's never seen a real Texas cowboy, so she's planning on making a mini documentary. I suspect there are going to be many more novelties other than cowboys that will draw her to the record button.

I found this photo on flickr. It's my friend Bobby next to the jackrabbit!

This is mostly what Odessa looks like (also a flickr photo).

4 Comments:

At 10:13 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

What about the Petroleum Museum, huh?

 
At 11:38 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

What about the Petroleum Museum, huh?

 
At 12:12 PM , Blogger Jada said...

Oh, good idea!

 
At 3:19 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

What about St. Cloud? And that ex or those exes? Glad I made the list. Maybe I should cancel?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home