Nog Stab in the Gill
When I played Speed Scrabble with Sara and Jose the other night, Sara encouraged me to write my words down and formulate some sort of story/poem something with them. So here is a lil' story I threw together, with the Scrabble words in italics:
My wife rushes into the house looking crazy as a loon. "Gertrude!" I say and zip my sweater, angry that she has stayed out until 2 a.m. without even a phone call. I always zip my sweater when I am angry. "Do you know what time it is? It is late!"
Gertrude flashes her cheek toward me. Oh! She has a fish gill on her face!
I cry up to the heavens and fall to my knees. "Oh God, how can you do this to us? Has my wife such a tarnished soul that you must inflict her with a face so gory even her own husband can't look at her?"
God throws a nog (wooden peg or pin) down into the fireplace and instructs me, "Stab your wife's gill with this nog and release the ion that has morphed your wife into this foul creature."
I do it. I stab my wife in the gill with a nog, and instantly, she loses her gill. All in all, I am thankful, for my wife calls when she is late and comes home at an appropriate hour. She is no longer a fishy person. God works in mysterious ways.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home