SSEWBA
gmab! idkiukb this gnr8ns CrZy. hstry. irme.
Don't understand? You must be old and/or uncool. Go to this website to decode. My friend (we'll call him Mac til I get permission otherwise) sent me the link after discovering I was text message illiterate. He had sent me a text message that read "ty 4 talking." I was like, "Who's Ty? Why is he for talking? Does he mean "Five for Fighting?" I didn't get it.
I started reading the translations and decided that text message (sms, msg, txtin) language is stupid and will turn a person's mind to mush. I will not be learning this language because I think it's incorrect and lazy, and besides, I don't already know it.
Speaking of crabby traditionalists, I wonder if our forefathers felt the same when contractions started happening. "Excuse me?" they must've said in their British accents. "Did not you just say, 'I won't be there?' Whatever happened to using an entire word? Is it really so hard to say, simply, 'I will not be there?'" Oh, I'll bet contractions really dug at them, and I'll also bet contractions were invented by teenagers too lazy to speak properly.
I mean, call me regressive, but I think you should just stick to the English language. Why is it so hard to hold down the shift key and type a capital letter? Would it cause a hand cramp? It's not as if we're having to handwrite and mail letters to one another. There's really no need for this time-saving measure. If you're IMing or myspacing someone, you've got time to type caps. Are we not fat enough that we can't expend the energy to type a cap or spell an entire word?
And for the love of all things holy, I realize that some people's minds aren't wired for spelling, but there aren't THIS many people who naturally can't spell. Could it be that misspelling things is a freakin' trend? That's what I think. "hey everyone, let's see who can be the worst speller in the world," someone shouted to the world, who, in response, shouted back, "ohkaey!"
BTW, "ty 4 talking" means "thank you for talking." fccl. kwim?


3 Comments:
I think you meant fcol. Not fccl. What is fccl? You made it WAY too hard to find the answers. Idkiwcbf, kwim? w,b. cul. ibgky!
I don't know what you said in your blog. Is that real English?
It doesn't matter. The real reason because I want to write now is to remind you that I beat you playing parchis (you and SerĂ¡) huh? huh? That's it.
Two words: Speed Scrabble. AKA ss
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home