Wednesday, August 09, 2006

The Mystery Machine


I think the reason I wanted to be a bus driver when I grew up was because I never rode the bus to school, though my mother's van was sometimes compared to one. I always found it very intriguing, the bus. There I'd be in the ole' van with Mama, and a bus full of kids would pull up beside us. We'd wave at each other and I'd think to myself that it would be jolly fun to be in there with all those kids. And someday after I graduated college, I could be.

Well today was the very first day in 28 years that I've ever had to "catch the bus." So I brought my journal along. I wrote in it until I got nauseated, at which point I was glad I didn't decide to choose a career in bus driving. Here's my journal entry:

"My first bus ride ever! I'm so excited. Will it really show up? Will it take me where it promises?

Who will I sit next to? I've already met one lady. She said she was 65, but she looked like an 80-year-old. I hope my mom doesn't look that old when she's 65. When I found out this lady's age, I thought to myself, 'Self, I need to get to Fort Worth immediately before my mom turns 65.' I mean, this lady had no teeth and was riding a motorized wheelchair. She was taking the bus to the doctor. I hope my mom doesn't have to take buses to doctors when she turns 65.

I don't believe this bus is coming...Just as I thought. I was at the wrong stop. Oh, it was the other 11th and Congress bustop. Who knew? At least Carlos stopped talking to me...but this could be a good way to minister to people. I mean, we're all stuck here."

At this point, I felt sick, so I put my journal away and started taking pictures of myself, sneakily, with my camera phone, to document the event.

I walked about .3 miles to the body shop, realizing along the way that I was on Hooker street. Though in a skirt, it was a long one, so I don't think anyone would mistake me for a hooker, but you never know. I was contemplating what I'd do if someone pulled over when I saw the body shop. And my CAR, which looks stunning. I got in and realized they had put a few miles on it and it was completely out of gas, but then I noticed they also got it washed. My dad's pretty sure they got the better deal, what, with gas prices and all, and they probably did, but at least my car is really shiny and lookin' new as ever.

6 Comments:

At 4:50 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hoped tto see a picture of your clean car. I'm so deceptionated!!

huh?

 
At 5:45 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah? You're so beautiful!

 
At 5:56 AM , Blogger Sara said...

Jada bada bobada banana fanana fo fada me mi mo mada Jada!

 
At 6:25 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you need to take a picture of your feet.

 
At 6:40 AM , Blogger Sara said...

Whos' that crazy person that's asking for a picture if your feet???

 
At 3:17 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

O. That was me.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home