Maybe I'll Invent a Cure for Cancer
Last night I hosted a ladies' prayer group as I've been doing each Tuesday for the past few weeks. But last night as we were praying, as they were praying for me (we took turns praying for one another), I was praying that God would give me direction. At that moment, two thoughts entered my mind: "Turn off the T.V. Turn off the computer." I agreed with the thoughts in my head. In fact, I'd been considering that those two distractions were keeping my spiritual and other growth at bay. Well, the girls left and I turned the television on. Hey, it's fun and keeps me numb. But I don't need to be numb, so I'm going on a tv/Internet diet for two weeks (other than when I'm at work, other than when there is a movie to be watched). Maybe I'll clean more often. Maybe I'll eat less. Or more. Maybe I'll read more. Maybe I'll spend more time praying. Maybe I'll improve my classical guitar skills. Maybe I'll straighten my hair or hang out at coffee shops more often so I can check my e-mail without going off my diet. Maybe I'll write a best-selling book. Maybe I'll become fluent in Spanish. But hopefully, I'll have ears to listen to God as He gives me guidance. I will definitely document the thing.Tonight I will be playing tennis. Tomorrow, softball. Sunday, mojo kickball. I'm probably going to join a co-ed soccer team. The captain of a Division 3 team contacted me. I hope Sara, Jose and Cassie don't get mad if I can't get them on the team. Before I join, I'm waiting on a friend who has played indoor soccer to send me the information on that organization. He says there's a facility somewhere central. We'll see. But I hafta move fast, because those soccer teams fill up fast.
So goodbye, mind pollution. Goodbye Raymond, Deb, Doug, Will, Grace, Karen, Jack and Meredith Vieira...and all those news anchors whose names I don't know but should. Hellloo, other things!


2 Comments:
Yay, get off of TV! IT IS POISON!
They are good for dvds and movies.
Wow, you do watch a lot of TV. I don't even know who most of those people that you named are. Also, hey! I thought we were going to play soccer together? What gives? I'm mad now. FCOL! KWIM!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home