Thursday, August 03, 2006

Driven to Succeed

I cannot top that last post. So I guess I'll just talk about my car. I'm renting one for the weekend, courtesy of lady-who-hit-me. My car, with repairs guaranteed for LIFE, will be ready Monday.

Last night I watched a movie called "Coach Carter," about hard work and personal growth. I mean, these loser basketball players were doing push-ups and "suicides" (running back and forth, back and forth til they reach the length of the court) every time they stepped out of line, sometimes 1,000 push-ups at a time. They got so buff and really very motivated to succeed. I was so inspired I set my alarm for 5:45. I was going to run to the park and do suicides and push-ups for an hour and declare personal victory. But when the alarm went off, I was sleepy, so I just turned over and did about 8 push-ups in bed and went back to sleep. I feel really good about myself now. I'm off to a good start. I just hope I can keep this up. Right now I'm eating an apricot kolache, so things seem to be coming right along.

6 Comments:

At 12:24 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you like "suicide" movies? You said we are weird people because we love Estan Tres, but after that, you are the winner. You are the most weird!!

 
At 12:25 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

But don't be worry. It's Ok...

hehehe!!

 
At 12:29 PM , Blogger Jada said...

Jose, please! Jose, I no speak Espanol. What's Estan Tres? You're still the most weird. Sorry.

 
At 2:19 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Estan Tres means Star Trek. Don't tell me anything because if I don't remember bad you have writen right now : I no speak (What does mean?)

:P

 
At 2:20 PM , Blogger Sara said...

I love how he corrects your English in broken English.

 
At 2:37 PM , Blogger Jada said...

Point well taken, Jose.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home