Saturday, July 29, 2006

Enema of the State

I would be remiss if I did not say that I absolutely love hanging out with foreigners. It's better even than hanging out with small children.

Last night, for example, my French neighbor Nadege thought she knew what an enema was. "Like the movie," she said. "'Enema of the State.'" No, her boyfriend said. That was most certainly not the name of that movie. ...But we have decided to always, always replace the word "enemy" with "enema." "Enema at the Gates." "Behind Enema Lines." Ohh.

What's almost as funny is her interpretation of "crap shoot," which was "crap sh*t." She just thought it meant something was so bad it was beyond just being regular crappy. We discovered this misinterpretation while watching a Sprint commercial, where the guy is walking around in the boonies, talking about how his service is always a crap shoot out there. Guess she thought he just had super bad service.

So to my two favorite foreigners, Nadege and Jose, thank you. You're both priceless.


Nadege: By far, not my worst enema.
(Pictured right, Nadege's boyfriend Jason, not a foreigner.)

2 Comments:

At 9:20 AM , Blogger Sara said...

That's hi-larious! Hi! I'm not your enema, Jada. Ha ha!

 
At 10:34 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

My name is Jose and I'm priceless as you said, which remind me another commercial... about a credit card. I'm not a credit card!! Is it clear?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home