Adventures in Shoe Polish
I had a job interview at 9 a.m. I scored some shoe polish from a friend yesterday, who instructed me to apply it that day and let it dry overnight.
Well, I got caught up "Everybody Loves Raymond" and forgot. That silly Raymond and his hijinks. So this morning as I was applying far more makeup than usual, it donned on me that I needed to polish them. Argh! Now I was running behind!
I couldn't get the dang polish to come out of the squeegie thing and Blitzcat was trying his level best to get inbetween the polish and the shoe. So I stood up, and in confusion/frustration, I mashed down hard on the shoe and squeezed the bottle, sending a good pint of shiny black shoe polish streaming down my bare leg. I jumped in the bath and tried washing it off. Nevermind, no one's going to see my leg. I also got it on the carpet. During the interview, I noticed I got some under my nails as well.
But I put lipstick on, so I'm pretty sure I dazzled her anyway. I've got another interview at 12:30. If things go well, I'll either be a marketing director or a PR rep by the end of the week. Wish me luck, and if you know how to get shoe polish off of skin and carpet, do tell. I'll add some pictures later, maybe, so it can be noted how fly I look today.


1 Comments:
Good luck! I still hope that they call you from my office though.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home