Friday, August 18, 2006

Strike a Pose

Last night I accompanied Cassie, Ben and Jason (not their real names) to a snooty party so I could get free appetizers before softball. I wonder if everyone feels like the weirdo at those things or if normal people feel comfortable. Like Jason said, those appetizers should've cost us $3,000, with all the fancy cheeses and the shrimp and the calamari.

I showed Jason the art of rolling-up-your-sleeves-to-feel-like-less-of-a-tool, and, as usual at these types of digs, I really only socialized with the people I knew...except the girl who was forced to sit at our table because the restaurant was too crowded. However, we got to hear all about Jason's gig as an "actor," which was really just a photo shoot. He showed us how he pretended to be a businessman as people shot his picture for a marketing campaign. I could see how he got the gig. I was convinced.

After Jason's secret acting life was revealed, we all started pretending to be actors...so I guess we were acting. Yeah. We pretended, for example, to be devastated that we didn't win tickets to the upcoming fashion show.

Or maybe that was just me. Cassie doesn't look very devastated. (Dang I'm good.)

Then we pretended that Jason was saying something interesting.

This required a few tries.

But we got it.

Then we played softball. Cassie and I played with Hyde Park Baptist Church and Jason played with Gateway whatever kind of church it is. Our game was extremely boring because we were so bad. We'd bat for about five minutes and field for about 30.

Bowling was next. Cassie's mom, sister and boyfriend of sister joined us. I like the Cassie family.

This is me. I bowl like the wind.

As you can see, I finally got to buy Sara and Jose's camera. The batteries were winding down in the bowling lane, so I didn't get any pictures of Cassie's family. But let me tell ya, they're cute.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home